ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hide external key in external installations

abaco

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:04 am    Post subject: Hide external key in external installations Reply with quote

Hi.

I would like to know how to hide the external key in external installations.

I have seen that the options is to put the exernal key in a file or in a key in the php.ini, but this data is accessible in external installations, easily located.

In the YouTub example of your channel instead of entering a plain text file, they load a banner.jpg image.

Is that image created in any special way?
How can this be done?

Also i see in manua this " using ini_set() in a PHP file. In the latter case the PHP file itself be encoded to depend upon the same external key that is set with ini_set() in its body.".

I understand that in this way, there is no need for a key in the php.ini or in a file.
Only the ioncube.loader.key.xxx key would be required in the encoded file itself. Is that so?

I try somenthing like this in first line of the php encoded file and i use same key to encode files in the gui:

ini_set("ioncube.loader.key.prueba","jfkjdasf");

It just doesn't work this way.

What other options, besides the dynamic keys, are there to hide the external key? Wink

Thanks and best regards
alastair

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Please create a ticket in our Support Help Desk about this at https://support.ioncube.com In your ticket please say precisely what you mean by, "It just doesn't work this way" when using ini_set.

In the video you cited there is nothing special about the jpg file. You can use any file you choose provided that both the encoding time file contents are exactly the same as the runtime file contents.

Probably the most effective means of using the external key mechanism is to have the external key as a license file property, with the value of that property itself being a file path to the external key. Of course that is only available in our Pro and Cerberus editions.

ionCube
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: