ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Integrate Ioncube with GIT to deploy on several servers

Pierre

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject: Integrate Ioncube with GIT to deploy on several servers Reply with quote

Hello,

I manage several servers hosting exactly the same system and it is quite troublesome to upload new encoded files on each of them. I would like to use GIT to manage version control of my web application between servers so that I could ensure its integrity.

I do not see any options in Ioncube to keep .git folder in target folder (only options are Replacing the target folder -which delete .git folder- or Merge but this keep old files that have been deleted in previous versions...)

Which approach would recommend?

Thanks!
alastair

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

There may be a problem using Git in the encoded folder anyway as the encoded files will always change when encoding even if the source file has not changed. Thus version control may not be particularly useful with regard to the encoded files themselves.

It may be best to create a support ticket about this in our Support Help Desk at https://support.ioncube.com

ionCube
PegasusOne Software

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject: .git folder Reply with quote

Anyone here knows what to do to keep .git folder in Ioncube?

Sarah
alastair

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By default the Encoder GUI is set to ignore anything with the pattern *.git - you will see that in the excluded item patterns in the Source tab of the project settings.

If you do not want the .git folder to be ignored then please select the "*.git" pattern in the excluded item patterns and then click on the "-" (minus button) above. Then that "*.git" pattern will no longer be in the excluded items.

ionCube
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: