ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Load form if no license was found

savetheorcas

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Load form if no license was found Reply with quote

I want to encode a project and use license based restrictions. However, when the user first installs the script, there will be no license since one hasn't been requested.

How do I set this up so that if there is no license found, information is gathered automatically by my PHP script (domain name, etc) and the user is presented with a form which submit the license request.

I tried setting this up by unchecking the Automatic License Checking field under the restrictions tab, but when I try to run the program all I get is an error message stating no license was found.

Any ideas?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of things you could do. The most secure way is to provide the license request script as not requiring a license and so that it always runs, keeping the main part of the application requring a license. If you want to incorporate this into your main project, one way then would be to encode the licensing code separately as a subproject, and have the encoded files from the licensing scripts as part of the source tree of your main project. The Encoder will copy files that are already encoded, so there will be no problem there from it reencoding already encoded files.

Another option would be to have a license file that had the correct passphrase and no restrictions as part of the project, and to use script checking to identify that the license is the default license and actually not work except for the licensing part of the application. You could use license file properties as one way to identify that it was the default license, or use the Loader API function that reads the restriction information and treat it as the default if there are no host restrictions in the license file. This should be totally secure provided that your script based checking is solid and has no loophole that allows it to be bypassed, but there's some element of risk there that you miss something. Personally I'd go the first way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: