ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Up??

ckh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:38 am    Post subject: Speed Up?? Reply with quote

I have a script I'm running that I'm not interested in protecting it, but, more interested in speeding it up.

I have the server using the loader so it doesn't need to load it individually, just wondering if encoding it will make it run a bit faster and if using binary would help a bit too plus take a bit of a load off the server....
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Loader already installed, you should may see a measurable speed improvement. We test encoded applications with 'ab', the Apache benchmarking tool, and get good results for entire encoded applications. Binary encoding will give the best, although ASCII encoding is highly efficient too.

The best way to get speed improvement though is to use a code cache. Our PHPA may be suitable, or mmcache. Avoid Zend Optimiser as the cost of optimising is usually more than the speed gain, and so you get a net performance drop rather than gain.
ckh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the phpa and it didn't work. It's on a freebsd server and when I rebooted, any php script would cause an internal 500 server error. It was the same with mmcache also. However, the current freebsd ioncube loader works just fine although if you know of something that may cause that, I would like to run phpa on it to speed up all the php scripts running on it (there's quite a few active ones there so it would definately help server performance)

Chris
jeff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should try encoding your php application... I notice that when I encode my applications they actually run quite a bit faster since the PHP engine has to skip the bytecode conversion when the php script is run.

-Jeff
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: