ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

v9 encoder produces massive files compared to v7

gwinkless

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: v9 encoder produces massive files compared to v7 Reply with quote

Hi!

I tried using the v9 encoders for support with target servers running php7.

Code:
$ /usr/local/ioncube9/ioncube_encoder53_9.0_64 --ignore-deprecated-warnings --binary --without-loader-check --encode *.inc render.inc -o render.inc.b
$ ioncube_encoder53 --ignore-deprecated-warnings --binary --without-loader-check --encode *.inc render.inc -o render.inc.b_v7
$ ls -al render.inc*
-rw-r--r--. 1 gwinkless users 39414 Jul 25 14:20 render.inc
-rw-r--r--. 1 gwinkless users 91712 Jul 25 14:20 render.inc.b
-rw-r--r--. 1 gwinkless users 19001 Jul 25 14:20 render.inc.b_v7

Am I missing something obvious? I could accept some small changes but this is massively different.
alastair

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Version 9 introduced dynamic decoding which meant that functions were only fully decoded when they were actually called. This also applied to script bodies i.e. code outside functions and classes.

The dynamic decoding method facilitated the industry-leading security feature of dynamic keys (chapter 4 of the user guide) which meant that a function could only be decoded successfully if the dynamic key computation resulted in the same key that the function was encoded with.

The overhead of dynamic decoding is that in the encoded file each function needs both the protected byte code of the function and, in addition, some header information so that the function can be called before it is decoded fully.

Incidentally, you mentioned about running code on PHP 7 servers. Your command line snippet shows you using the PHP 5.3 encoder. You will need to use the PHP 5.6 encoder included in version 9 for the encoded files to run on PHP 7.0. The version 10 PHP Encoder allows you to encode files using PHP 7.1 and 7.2 language features that will run on PHP 7.1 and 7.2.

ionCube
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: