ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

External Key by encoded file, wrong base for relative path

tomasz3k

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: External Key by encoded file, wrong base for relative path Reply with quote

Hello,

This is my first post here. English is not my native language so excuse me if I write something wrong.

Today someone sent me decoded file of my module which I encoded using IonCube v10.2.
I am so angry I paid too much for something that can be so easly decoded!!

Someone used site easytoyou.eu/decoder/demophp56 to decode my files.

Ben at Sales department told me to use support ticket to submit questions about this but I have to pay for support plan !! It is unbelievable! I paid you for this software to be sure that noone can read it but it DOESNT WORK!!.

I am not using PRO edition so I cannot use license files to make it more protected but basic version should be enough to protect my code.

So I started reading about external keys. After many of hours studing it and trying to make it works I found that it cannot work with relative path and software like PrestaShop (online store).

Let say I have relative path set as "./key.txt"

Everything works from "front" store, but if I go to admin page of PrestaShop, I got error that required file could not be found.

I have used some tools to find out why it is, and found that PrestaShop stores admin dir as a base of $_SERVER['BASE'] and your IonCube use this as relalative directory! So on front store base directory is a directory of a file and everything works but in admin panel we got error which cannot be corrected with relative path for key. Of course with absolute path it works like a charm but I cannot use absolute paths cus my modules are installed on many diffrent servers with another file structure.

Can you fix that!? Relative path should always be based on the directory of the given file
not $_SERVER['BASE'] which can be anything!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: