ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IonCube v5 introduces compatability problem with XCache

JamesOakley

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: IonCube v5 introduces compatability problem with XCache Reply with quote

I've just installed PHP 5.4 from source on a new server. I did this just as I always do:

I installed XCache (3.2.0) from source. I downloaded your latest x84_64 loader, and put that in the php.d directory. I made sure that one of the php.ini files loads the ioncube loader as a Zend extension. Then I enabled, and configured, XCache in its own xcache.ini file.

When I tried to run php, I was getting the error: "The Loader must appear as the first entry in the php.ini file"

I then set about doing lots of fiddling, trying to make sure that the loader is loaded as early as possible in the process, but none of it would allow me to have XCache and the ionCube Loader running simultaneously. If I commented out the line that enabled either, the other would work, but not both.

I then compared a server where this was working perfectly, to try and work out what was different. I couldn't see any change in the way the various .ini files were set up, but I did notice the other server was running an older version of the ionCube Loader. I'd just downloaded 5.0.5; the older version was 4.7.5.

So I took my new server, that wasn't working with both XCache and ionCube Loader. I made only one change - I replaced the ioncube_loader_lin_5.4.so file with the 4.7.5 one that was working on another server. And, magically, everything worked as it should.

Conclusion: It's nothing to do with the order of the (zend_)extension lines in the PHP .ini files. It's simply that ionCube Loader 5.0.5 won't play nicely with XCache in a way that wasn't a problem at all with the 4.x loaders.

I don't want to be wedded to using an older version of the Loader than is current. Why is this not working, and how can I solve the problem I've been having (without having to use an old version - which is a workaround, not a solution)?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. I'll pass this information onto support for you. If you wish to contact support directly, the Helpdesk is at http://support.ioncube.com. You might also try the built-in official PHP Opcache as an alternative. It performed the best in our tests, and the series 5 Loaders work particularly well with it when ionCube 24 is enabled.
JamesOakley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

liaison wrote:
I'll pass this information onto support for you.

Thanks for that - I can now see an entry in the changelog against 5.0.7 that looks like it fixes this.

I'll check, but it looks like that's all solved.
alastair

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please let us know if you experience any issues running the ionCube Loader and XCache together. It would be best to do that through our Support Help Desk at http://support.ioncube.com

ionCube
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: