ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question regarding future upgrades

fluffytigger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: question regarding future upgrades Reply with quote

Hey, I don't use this much and currently have the Online version. Anyway, I have a question about the desktop software version. What happen if there's a major software upgrade like 6.5 to 7.0 and so on?

Do we get free upgrade, or will there be an upgrade fee? and if so, how much?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

ionCube Encoder 6.5 comes with a perpetual license so you don't need to pay for a new license every year, plus a years free support and upgrades and one guaranteed free upgrade. You can renew the support and upgrades entitlement for a low cost when the time comes, and the upgrade guarantee means that if we did not release an upgrade during your support period, you'll receive the next upgrade for free whether you have renewed support or not!
fluffytigger

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

while we're on the online encoder? Any ETA on updating it and addition more options? From reading the forum I understand it's using an older version of the encoder?

I look like I'll be sticking with the online encoder for a while. Smile
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fluffy

There's no date yet to switch the online Encoder to a newer engine. The main benefits will be features such as ASCII encoding rather than the binary format. More advanced features will remain only available in the purchased products. The online Encoder is great for small projects, occasional encoding, etc., but nothing beats the main producuts for value, flexibility, convenience, features etc.
fluffytigger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I made the dive and purchase the Pro version. Thought of some projects I can use it on while I was sleeping last night.

BTW, you guys ever consider integrate the support forum with the registered user database? It was a wee bit redundant having to register for the support forum.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fluffy

Good idea about the integration. It's certainly doable, although should be optional for users and not mandatory as they may not want to be registered to the forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: