ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goto page 1, 2  Next

ionCubicle

What do you think the demand for this product would be?
Big! Its really a must-have!
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
Fair. It would be nice, but not necessary.
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Not really that interesting.
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Who the hell would want this?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 11

MisterPopularity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: ionCubicle Reply with quote

Hey guys.

I've been having so much fun with ionCube lately, i've been writing garbage functions and encoding them just for the hell of it.

Now, to get to the point...

I'm writing a "web admin" sort of portal for versions of ionCube encoder that support command line operations.

What it does, is you simply buy it, license it, and install it into your webroot somewhere, and you can login from anywhere and start new "projects", quick-encode a file or archive, etc.

I'm in the last stages before its first release, and i'd lke to get some last minute suggestions and ideas. I've put up a screenshot of the "user preferences" screen. Smile

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good Smile All versions of the Encoder support command line, so any Windows, Linux or FreeBSD users should be able to use it.
MisterPopularity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds great! I'll consider a windows version then.

Question... In determining the version of the ionCube encoder (to check for upgrades, etc.), my linux basic encoder outputs the following when called with the -V switch:

Code:
ionCube Encoder Version 5.0

Do the Pro and Cerberus encoders output a different message? If not, is there a different way to determine the level of encoder installed? I want to be able to do this to enable/disable pro and cerberus functions based on the encoder installed.

Chris
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris

Try the special option

Code:
-Xversion

The first field is the type 'B', 'P'. 'C', 'E'.
The second is the product version, e.g. 50000
The third is the PHP language version (4 or 5)

Smile
MisterPopularity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE!

Thanks a million! That saves me a big hassle in preg_replace and settype of the 5.0 at the end!!!!

I know what B, P, and C are. What's E?

Also, would you be interested in hosting a tiny API script where you could manage/update the different current file versions for the ionCubicle to check for updates? Right now, I have a makeshift script setup on my server as a test. It does nothing more than receive post data via CURL with the product type and local version number. Any variant from the "current available release" causes ionCubicle to echo that there's an upgrade available.

Chris Smile
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we wil be providing a general solution that can be used to check for updates.
CJ

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but... is this something like a distribution system with auto-creation of licence/encoded projects?
If yes, i think this is excellent. I don't like the idea to have a phpAud*** or Io** that has 1001 features just because i want a web encoding frontend.

Keep on the good work!

The only problem is the ioncube licence system. When purchasing ioncube you are only alowed to use it in ONE mac. For a developer it's a problem (correct me if i'm wrong):
1- i need my pc ioncube encoder AND a ioncube online encoder (2 licences)
2- if i change my hosting company my online (mac) ioncube encoder will be diferent (so i need ANOTHER ioncube licence)
3- if i change my pc i need ANOTHER ioncube licence

But.. your project seems a good idea Smile

Regards
CJ
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not entirely correct about the number of licenses that you need.

In that licensing is per machine, you are correct, and this is just like other professional software systems such as Zend, Steinberg Cubase. etc. etc. Unlike many systems, ionCube products are priced fairly. Indeed, if we followed the suggestions of some of our customers, we'd be putting prices UP Smile

So, our model is that you license per machine, such that generally the sole developer pays the least, those with more ambitious systems pay perhaps a little more for a couple of licenses, and companies with many developers or server farms pay the most. With generous discounts of around 50% of the product cost for additional licenses purchased at the same time as the product, an Encoder and additional license will still cost much less than the closest similar product. Coupled with support included, and no annual renewal fees or costs for upgrades, the ionCube value advantage is clear.

You are incorrect in assuming, (or perhaps being told?), that moving licenses to other machines will cost money. We now typically process several customer relicense requests every day, and except in cases where the customer is clearly trying to gain extra licenses for free by abusing the system, once the customer has confirmed that the software has been removed from the old machine, relicensing isn't generally an issue.

To make this even easier, with version 6 we have taken our product licensing to the next level with a system that lets customers unlicense their licensed machine and relicense to another system. The new system uses special techniques that we have developed to give end users more flexibility whilst keeping license fraud in check, and so we can make the system even easier for customers.
CJ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tks for your quick answer!

Btw, MisterPopularity, will your ioncubicle support:
- some caind of 'reseller'? Eg: "some client purchase me a 10 licences pack. When he wants, he can create 10 licences of my software".

- integration with systems like paypal? This way, those clients can 'upgrade' licence packs, buy more licences and buy licences online instead of send me the money first.

Is there any alpha, beta or demo avaiable?
Will this be a commercial product? Embarassed How much?

regards
CJ
CJ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick, is there any release date for v6?

regards
CJ
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not yet, but it's out for Beta to select customers, and we expect a release within the next few weeks. Remember that it's a free upgrade, so if you purchase an Encoder now to satisfy any urgent need, it won't cost you anything to move to v6.
MisterPopularity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ wrote:
Sorry but... is this something like a distribution system with auto-creation of licence/encoded projects?
If yes, i think this is excellent. I don't like the idea to have a phpAud*** or Io** that has 1001 features just because i want a web encoding frontend.

Keep on the good work!

The only problem is the ioncube licence system. When purchasing ioncube you are only alowed to use it in ONE mac. For a developer it's a problem (correct me if i'm wrong):
1- i need my pc ioncube encoder AND a ioncube online encoder (2 licences)
2- if i change my hosting company my online (mac) ioncube encoder will be diferent (so i need ANOTHER ioncube licence)
3- if i change my pc i need ANOTHER ioncube licence

But.. your project seems a good idea Smile

Regards
CJ

I use PHP-Audit and LOVE it

ionCubicle will pretty much be a solution for those of us who are smart enough to license ionCube for our use on our servers. This way, if we're away and dont have our SSH tools, etc. we can work from home.
CJ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MisterPopularity wrote:
if we're away and dont have our SSH tools, etc. we can work from home.

So, this is not a platform to create/encode projects with some caind of billing? It's just a web frontend for some ioncube commands?
MisterPopularity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct.

Reselling encoding services violates the license agreement, so that would be pointless. Smile
CJ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MisterPopularity wrote:
Reselling encoding services violates the license agreement

I was not talking about reselling encoding services. I was talking about selling MY software to my clients.. clients that are, eg, webdesigners that need more than one copy of MY software in their projects.

I was asking you if ioncubicle will support this.. a client zone where my customers can purchase MY software licences that are encoded on-the-fly...

regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: