ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Package Foundry

Local machine only?

smack

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:12 am    Post subject: Local machine only? Reply with quote

Hello all. Maybe I am missing something in the IPF settings, but is there a way for me to setup my installer so that it only installs to a local machine and does not display the option to upload to a remote server?

Thanks!
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Not at the moment, although that's a good suggestion. IPF is primarily intended for assisting remote installs, but for completeness there should be a local only option as there's a remote only one.
smack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the fast reply Nick. Really look forward to seeing this feature added in future releases Smile
alicia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we use IPF to make sure they only can install the php application to run locally and not use it online ?

We want to sell online and offline usage license separately... please advise whether this can be accomplished or not. my colleague has sent many emails to IonCube but none of if has been replied.

Hope to hear from you soon.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alicia

IPF is designed for creating installers. It does not impose restrictions on where code is used, and so will not do what you are asking. The Encoder is the product to use for creating license files.

Restricting the client IP address, in your case presumably to 127.0.0.1 for local access only, is not a feature of the Encoder either, but it is an interesting idea albeit not one that anyone has requested since we first started in 2002. You could code this easily yourself though with a check in your code for the client IP address. If you create a license file with our system you could embed a property in the license file that your code would read in order to determine whether the license file is for a network or local edition (and thus whether it should do the local test or not), and a different passphrase for the local and network edition would ensure that a license file for your network edition could not be used with your local edition.

So you would encode two versions of your application, each with a different license encryption passphrase, i.e. the local edition and the network edition. Your code might test a license property called, for example, 'edition', and apply the local test if the value was 'local'. You can read license properties via the Loader API. Then when issuing your products, you would create license files for the local edition with the property 'edition' set to 'local', and license files for the network version without the property (or with it having a different value).

Lastly and with regards to emails, we have not received any on this topic that I could find, but it could be that the email was incorrectly filtered at our end and as you're not using your own email domain there was no clue as to what to search for. Generally very few good emails end up in spam, but we currently receive over 1000 emails a day, with a large proportion of those being spam of course, and while our spam catching system does a pretty amazing job, and we monitor manually to pickup likely false positives, no spam system can get it right 100% of the time. But, it might also be that your emails did not arrive for other reasons.

While our helpdesk is primarily for support, sales questions can be posted there too, and as the helpdesk is an online ticket system, it is inherently more reliable than email.
alicia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the quick respond.

If all I want now is to create a simple installer for them to install the script into local computer (not online web server) shall I use IPF or bundler ?

I can put the WAMP extracted files and put it together with my php application folder before I create the installer right ?

p.s : our web application is meant for offline usage.. please advise.

cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Package Foundry All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: