ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Package Foundry

Updating older Loader files query

samstephens

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: Updating older Loader files query Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm just running a few test with the demo software. One of my sites that I installed my script on already had some old IonCube files on it, but the installer didn't seem to upgrade them, so when I try and run my script it returns the error that it "cannot be decoded by this version of the ionCube Loader".

I then tried uploading the ioncube folder and ran the ioncube-loader-helper file and it said stuff was installed successfully and the ioncube-encoded-file.php file read fine, but my script didn't.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sam
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

This could be because the host has the old Loaders installed in the php.ini file. Overriding an already installed shared library with a new one isn't possible and would cause errors or unpredictable behaviour, and so dynamic install is only attempted if there is no Loader installed at the moment. We don't generally make Encoder releases that impose a minimum Loader version, however if there are new features that require support from the Loader and if those features are not optional, then this is when a recent Loader version can be required.
samstephens

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the fast reply!

To clarify, are you saying that while the demo ioncube-loader-helper.php file worked, mine didn't because my script was using code that wasn't supported by an older Loader installation?

Thanks again,
Sam
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. The Loader helper is generic and does not know what version of the Encoder was used to encode the scripts that are being installed. Its purpose is primarily to determine whether runtime install is possible. If a Loader is already installed it will report that, but does not know whether that version is compatible with the PHP scripts. Loader 3.1 came out in January, so it's fairly unusual now for hosts to still have old Loaders, but evidently some do.
samstephens

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the IPF installer, and it reported that the server is running Loaders version 3.0, which I assume is the problem I'm having!

I like to research well before I buy and so I contacted a few people who are using IonCube (people who I haven't known previously) and they've all give you a really good recommendation.

So your customers love you Wink

I'm off to buy PHP Encoder and the IPF installer software.

Thanks a lot for your help!

cheers
Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Package Foundry All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: