ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PHP : Keep a comment readable in the encoded file.

goozak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:13 pm    Post subject: PHP : Keep a comment readable in the encoded file. Reply with quote

I want some of my encoded PHP files to contain a (sometimes long) comment explaining how to use each script. Is there a way to have those comments in each file and be preserved by the encoding?

I tried with documentation comments (and the --no-doc-comments option), but these seem to always be removed/encoded, no matter if the "Suppress doc comments" is checked or not...

The "Header text" option (--add-comment) is not really practical as it needs to be set separately.

Here is a sample file for my test :

Code:
<?php

/**
 * This comment should be preserved
 */

phpinfo();
?>
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any custom comments apply to all files encoded, but you could encode different files with different runs of the Encoder. Doc comments are metadata associated with elements of the code such as classes that are programmatically retrievable via the related PHP functions. Ordinarily these are not part of encoded files but they can be preserved if software does need to retrieve such metadata.
goozak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply!

I guess I could save the comments in a text file and use that when encoding the file on its own. I was hoping for a 'one file' solution, but this 'two files' option might also work.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: