ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

PHP 7.0 Support Timeline

ablyler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: PHP 7.0 Support Timeline Reply with quote

I realize that PHP 7.0 is still in Beta, but was curious if you had a rough timeline on when we can expect loader / encoding support.
alastair

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

We are currently working on providing a loader for PHP 7 and aim to provide support for currently encoded files produced by the encoders for PHP 5.4 to PHP 5.6. We aim to produce such a loader very soon after the release of PHP 7.

As you will appreciate, there are many significant internal changes in PHP 7 which makes it difficult to give an exact timeline. We may produce beta builds for Linux before then for users to try out with release candidate builds of PHP 7.

With regard to an update to the Encoder, so that you can encode files using the new language features of PHP, we aim to produce a new Encoder as soon as possible after the release of PHP 7.

ionCube
jkirker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject: Update on ionCube for PHP7? Reply with quote

Hi,

With the RC's for PHP7 coming out (RC2 this week) I'm curious if you are any closer to getting a beta Encoder out?

Looks like we're just 10 weeks away (possibly earlier) from PHP7's release and it's testing pretty stable with a number of sites/applications. But of course, there are always those who use ionCube and that's a hickup. Wink

I hope we're close because PHP7 is proving to be superior to 5.6 in performance.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our first release for PHP 7 will be Loaders so that it's possible to use existing encoded files on PHP 7, which is most likely what you need.

Loaders are well on their way, however PHP 7 internally is very different to PHP 5, and as has been the case with recent generations of PHP, getting existing protected code to work on the latest PHP is no trivial task; this may be why ionCube is the *only* company to actually provide support for using existing encoded files, with other providers requiring new encoded files and even "the PHP Company" taking a year or so after a new PHP is released before they release a tool to create such files Smile

We would strongly advise giving PHP 7 a good 6 months or so after release though before deploying it for any production system to give security problems and other bugs a chance to be ironed out.

As for performance, a recommended setup is to use the built-in PHP OP Cache as the cache of choice over any others. Do not install the Zend Loader as that has design flaws that negatively impact performance, and use either the encoded paths feature of the Loader to specify the location of encoded files, or preferably activate ionCube24.

ionCube24 provides real time intrusion protection, which is really a must for any production website, and to do this it maintains a cache of file information. Part of this information is to note whether a file is not encoded, and if it's known not to be encoded, the usual checks that the Loader makes for being encoded are bypassed. This avoids file I/O that would turn out to be unnecessary, and coupled with the OP Cache, can give optimal performance (provided that the Zend Loader is not installed).

Other great features are also coming in ionCube24, so even if not using the intrusion protection, getting setup for it is well recommended.
jkirker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject: Thank you... Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply. I'm looking forward to more of the great things you guys do. Wink
szepeviktor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: PHP 7 beta Reply with quote

@liaison Is a beta loader available for PHP 7?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No beta currently but progress is going well. The internal changes in 7 are huge as already mentioned, so there's lots to do even to run the most basic of programs. It will be a while yet, but this shouldn't be an issue as using 7, particularly in any kind of production use, would be very premature.
mmdeveloper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject: Encoder update Reply with quote

I just upgraded to the latest encoder so I could encode for php 5.6 a couple of weeks ago. Will the encoder that supports PHP7 be another required purchase or just be pushed out as an update? I'd have a hard time justifying spending twice the amount of money within the same month.
alastair

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

As we normally do, we will produce loaders that enable old code, especially that produced by the PHP 5.6 encoders, to run on PHP 7. This is unlike our main competitors who would require your scripts to be re-compiled for PHP 7 using a new encoder.

With regard to an encoder for PHP 7 itself (i.e. using PHP 7 language features such as scalar type hints), that will be provided in a new major release of the ionCube Encoder as it does involve a very substantial amount of work.

ionCube
Maxx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, are there any news for supporting php7? In less than one week the stable release will be published. So it would be nice to get some informations about roadmap.. Smile
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Loaders for PHP 7 are well on their way, but it's a tricky task. Looking from the outside you wouldn't believe how much PHP 7 has changed, but rather than just the usual level of tinkering that the PHP group get up to to fiddle with how PHP works, the changes inside this time are monumental, making it even harder than usual to support existing encoded files on PHP 7.

None the less, our commitment is always first to support users of existing files so they can upgrade PHP without needing to obtain new encoded files, and this is going well. We don't have a release date yet for PHP 7 support, but we're on the home run first a first version at this point. Uncharacteristically for us, there is a possibility that we will release a beta Loader that should work for most but not necessarily all types of code, but the final decision on that has not been made at this point.

Support for encoding files using PHP 7 features is currently expect to come next year in version 10.
Maxx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your answer. So a first unstable beta will be released this or also next year? Also do you think the ioncube loader will be released in quarter 1 or later? I don't want to stress your team, I'm just interested, so I can plan a little bit my upgrade routine Smile
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd expect a beta in Q1 next year at this point.
Maxx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your feedback!
jkirker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:18 am    Post subject: Checking in... Reply with quote

How are things looking?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: