ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube 24 - NEW for 2015

Alert with my own server ; Loader without ionCube24

TK

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject: Alert with my own server ; Loader without ionCube24 Reply with quote

Implement security systems is always interesting.

However, I am quite embarrassed or hesitant when it comes to sent technical information about security to third parties.

* Is there a way to receive alert on my own server (another server), or send me directly alert by email ?

There is only Ioncube for linux with ioncube 24 (on ioncube website)

* Is it possible to have Ioncube Loader without Ioncube 24 ?

* Is there a repository with ionCube Loader version (Old version) ?
Generally before passing a version into production, I proceed to the tests.

I use Linux Debian ( 7 or 8 ).
With php 5.3.x / 5.4.x / 5.5.x / 5.6.x (compiled php)

Thanks in advance for reply, information.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Alert with my own server ; Loader without ionCube24 Reply with quote

TK wrote:
Implement security systems is always interesting.

However, I am quite embarrassed or hesitant when it comes to sent technical information about security to third parties.

* Is there a way to receive alert on my own server (another server), or send me directly alert by email ?

Alerts are sent from our server to you, currently via email, but other options will follow along with new ionCube 24 features. This is the best way to ensure that you get a robust system for minimal effort. As for feeling embarrassed, don't be. Script kiddies are just as likely to target a tiny low volume site as a big one, and no matter what type of site you are running, no matter what it's called, and no matter how successful or otherwise it happens to be, you're welcome to use the service. Our only interest is in ensuring that people have success and can benefit from the service, in learning ways that it can be made better and what new cool features we can deliver (and there are some already running in development that we're pumped about releasing), and helping people if they get stuck.

TK wrote:

* There is only Ioncube for linux with ioncube 24 (on ioncube website)

Currently yes, though the first development stages was actually in the Windows Loader and there's no fundamental reason not to roll it out for other platforms that we support, particularly now that it's out of beta. We expect to widen release to some of the BSD derivatives next, and possibly Windows at some point too.

TK wrote:

* Is it possible to have Ioncube Loader without Ioncube 24

From now on it is likely always to be included as an option in Linux, and later for other platforms as mentioned, as this makes it a minimal effort install and setup for the end user. However the code is isolated and completely dormant with no impact unless enabled with ic24.enable and unless an access key is set. There is also a new php.ini setting coming in 5.0.8 that allows the intrusion protection feature to be disabled while allowing other upcoming features to be used. Currently files for all domains receive protection, even if the domain is one that is not configured. This was an intentional design choice as we felt that it was best to be protected than have some areas not protected through misconfiguration, however in a future Loader, possibly 5.0.9, only files on configured domains will be protected therefore giving more flexibility.

TK wrote:

* Is there a repository with ionCube Loader version (Old version) ?

Generally before passing a version into production, I proceed to the tests.

Not generally available unless a problem emerges in a new Loader that was not present in an old version, It is best always to use the latest Loader as we can only give support for that version. We've started publishing recent changes so that a user can decide whether or not they need to update based on what changes there are, but in general the latest is the best. If testing a new version, it is always best practice to keep the existing installation available and to prepare a backout plan, which would mandate that, rather than relying on old code being available from the original provider.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube 24 - NEW for 2015 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: