ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not able to decode Smarty template files (Smarty 3.1.18)

Vishal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:27 pm    Post subject: Not able to decode Smarty template files (Smarty 3.1.18) Reply with quote

I use Smarty 3.1.18 as a template engine in my project, After successfully encoding files (including .php,.tpl files and Smarty library) with all Obfuscation options checked, when i run my project getting following error

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'LogicException' with message 'Function 'smartyAutoload' not found (function 'smartyAutoload' not found or invalid function name)' in C:\ccstack\htdocs\App_Encode\Smarty\libs\Smarty.class.php:0 Stack trace: #0 C:\ccstack\htdocs\App_Encode\Smarty\libs\Smarty.class.php(0): [obfuscated]() #1 C:\ccstack\htdocs\App_Encode\index.php(0): unknown() #2 {main} thrown in C:\ccstack\htdocs\App_Encode\Smarty\libs\Smarty.class.php on line 0

The patch which is provided by ionCube works for Smarty 2.* versions.
I tried replacing getContent() function in /libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_resource_file.php with..
Code:
public function getContent(Smarty_Template_Source $source)
    {
        if ($source->timestamp) {
            if (function_exists('ioncube_read_file')) {
                return ioncube_read_file($source->filepath);
            } else {
                return file_get_contents($source->filepath);
            }
        }
        if ($source instanceof Smarty_Config_Source) {
            throw new SmartyException("Unable to read config {$source->type} '{$source->name}'");
        }
        throw new SmartyException("Unable to read template {$source->type} '{$source->name}'");
    }

Please help me out!! Sad
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error is expected behaviour because the Encoder has renamed smartyAutoload and you are specifying its original name.

Create an obfuscation exclusion list and exclude smartyAutoload from being obfuscated.
Vishal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for replying .. Smile
I have created obfuscation exclusion list and mentioned all the classes and functions which were giving problem. I have encrypted both .js and .css files by mentioning in Non-PHP encryption extensions.
Now I am able to see the output of my page but not able to include external javascript or css files. Getting following error msg in firebug console... If i dont encrypt them then everything is working fine...

Code:
SyntaxError: missing ; before statement
!odMbo!

Code:
ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
jQuery('#Div1').show();

My exclusion file contain following classes and Methods
    [classes]
    Smarty_Template_Compiled
    Smarty
    Smarty_Template_Source
    Smarty_Resource
    Smarty_Internal_Template
    Smarty_Internal_Resource_File
    [methods]
    compileTemplateSource
    getContent
    populate
    smarty
    source
    __set
    __get
    __call
    __construct
    load
    getBasename
    fileExists
    buildFilepath
    populateCompiledFilepath
    buildUniqueResourceName
    renderUncompiled
    getCompiled
    getCompileDir
    getTemplateDir
    getPluginsDir
    config
    getUniqueTemplateName
    parseResourceName
    display
    assign
    smartyAutoload
    loadPlugin
Vishal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anybody help me it's urgent !!!
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.css and .js files are going to be sent directly to the browser by the web server. How will the browser know how to decrypt ionCube files?
Vishal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically you are saying ioncube_read_file function will not help in that case?
.js and .css files are included in TPL files.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly, but you need to think about things a bit. A .css file is going to sent to the browser directly by the web server, so there's no chance for our software to process it. What you could do is create a php file whose job is to serve your css and js files. Pass it a parameter to say what file is to be served, and the script could then call ioncube_read_file() to decrypt the file and produce the content. So this keeps the files secure, but as the content has to reach the browser unencrypted, is there any point? Even if you prevented hot linking, the browser would still cache the js and css. To avoid that you could use headers to tell the browser not to cache, but then you're seriously impairing the end user experience by not leveraging browser caching. It's not a good path to be going down.
Vishal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay I get your point ...Now I am encrypting only .tpl and .php files..

Many a times I got following error
Fatal error: Class '[obfuscated]' not found in... Same in case of functions and methods..
So I had to put most of my user defined functions and classes in Obfuscation exclusion file after that my application runs fine. Is it normal? Do I have any other option? Because the actual application for which I am going to use IonCube encoder is much bigger and contains many user defined classes and functions.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Names needing to be called from non-encoded files would need to be excluded from obfuscation because changing the names is what obfuscation does. So what would need to be excluded would depend on how much of the application is encoded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> Programming All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: