ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ionCube encryption levels

James1122

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: ionCube encryption levels Reply with quote

Hello,

I've noticed when encrypting my files with the online encoder, the file generated is generated with standard characters. However, I've noticed other software is encrypted using special characters. I was wondering if this was the result of using the ionCube standalone, or other reasons.

Excuse my ignorance, I have been a professional programmer for many years, but have only recently began working with your software.

Thank you, James.
Mastermix

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ioncube defaults to produce encoded files in ASCII format and the standalone version gives you the option to encode in ASCII or Binary (I am not sure if you have the option with the online version as I have never used it)

The advantage of ASCII is it is another layer of protection and can be safely uploaded without being corrupted

Binary versions of encoded files are marginally more efficient and produce a smaller filesize but can be corrupted by some windows programs such as FTP programs when transferring in ASCII mode
dobara

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, I've noticed other software is encrypted using special characters. I was wondering if this was the result of using the ionCube standalone, or other reasons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> Programming All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: