ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Windows Server 2008 64bit and IIS 7

steveblue

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Windows Server 2008 64bit and IIS 7 Reply with quote

Hi,

Has anyone here got ioncube loaders to work on Windows Server 2008 and IIS 7. I have been trying for the last two days to find a way to make it work.

I am running php 5.2.4 which is working properly.

php.ini file is located in C:\PHP

PHP is loading extensions from C:\PHP\ext and these are working properly

I have used the following to try and get ioncube to work,

I have place the ioncube_loader_win_5.2.4.dll file in the following folders

C:\PHP\ext

C:\Windows\

C:\Windows\System

C:\Windows\System32

and used the proper call in the php.ini file

and none of these work, does anyone have any ideas or is it just another "doesnt work with 64 bit"

Thank you

Steve
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no 64 bit Loader for Windows currently but you should be able to run IIS In 32 bit mode. The following link may help you with IIS although it was written for IIS 6. http://www.iisadmin.co.uk/?p=14

We always build against official PHP sources, and when we investigated producing a 64 bit Loader for Windows as we have done for other platforms, we found that due to numerous problems in the sources for PHP and the build environment plus reliance on Visual Studio from a decade ago that will not produce 64 bit code, after many hours of work and while our own code compiled fine, we concluded that it was not feasible to produce a Loader due to problems on the PHP side. The problems with the official PHP distribution is probably why there's a spinoff project for 64 bit PHP on Windows.
mitak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried to install ioncube loader on server 2008 32 bit edition?

I have tried to install ioncube loader on windows server 2008 web 64 and 32 bit editions without success:

iis7 - 64 bit
----------
enable32BitAppOnWin64:true
FastCGI
php-5.2.6-nts-Win32.zip
Windows (NonTS) (x86) ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll
-----------

iis7 - 32 bit
------------
FastCGI
php-5.2.6-nts-Win32.zip
Windows (NonTS) (x86) ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll
-------------
steveblue

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick, thanks for the reply to my post , I will have a look at the link you supplied.

mitak , I haven't tried any further with installing on 64bit or 32bit yet, will be giving this a try over the next week.

I will try the 32 bit server 2008 to hopefully get it up and running and then look at transferring the setup to 64bit with an IIS 7 application worker process running in 32bit

I'm not to sure if its the way that IIS 7 now uses a different file access from IIS 6 or if its down to the new way IIS 7 runs PHP , will prob look at installing PHP as an ISAPI and seeing if ioncube works that way, at least then it will get us a heads up as to whats happening
InoculateIT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem.

Windows 2008 64bit.
Windows 2008 32bit.

with fastcgi and ioncube.

I changed to PHP ISAPI instead of fastcgi, now it works on both 32 and 64bit Smile
web24open

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone managed to run ioncube on windows 2008?
please post something!

we are enforced to use this ioncube technology and there is no support!!!

IONCUBE DEVELOPERS ! HELLO !! 64 BIT ERA IS HERE!
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, which is why we've had support for 64 bit on Unix for years, and more recently Mac (which is also Unix), and we use 64 bit Unix machines ourselves.

Unfortunately it's not so simple with Windows due to the shambles that the PHP codebase is in for Windows. We actually did investigate this and spent some days on the project, but there were vast numbers of errors building PHP with the latest visual studio (in fact there are always errors building PHP on Windows but fewer of them with 32 bit builds on VC6), and that plus other issues just with PHP alone meant that the project had to be abandoned at the time as we were wasting time simply fixing build problems with the PHP codebase that could be better spent on other work.

As others have posted here, if you have no option but to use a Windows machine then there are actually several ways in which you can use the 32 bit Loaders on 64 bit Windows. This link for installing ISAPI on Windows 64 may also help.
web24open

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But THERE IS a 64bit verison of PHP and works great.

http://fusionxlan.com/PHPx64.php

Why you don't make a version that works with that PHP? All 64bit owners install that version.

Or give us a tutorial how to install the 32bit ioncube driver with the 64bit PHP.

The tutorial you pointed is for PHP 32bit not for 64bit.

I can't imagine a windows x64 with 32bit php, 32bit mysql, 32bit ioncube loader.

At least to be only one (ioncube loader).
Erick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same issue. Our company web server is Windows 2003 Enterprise x64. IIS6 is running in 64-bit mode and configured with a number of extensions including PHP x64.

Now we are reviewing a couple of PHP applications for purchase, one of which is encoded with ionCube. Unfortunately, this extension does not work with PHP x64 and I get the error, "Failed loading ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll".

The problem is, to use a 32-bit version of PHP on IIS6, we would need to revert everything to 32-bit. That isn't an option.
InoculateIT

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy the ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll into system32 then it works both ISAPI & FastCGI 32/64 bit.

Remember to add the path in php.ini to C:\Windows\System32\ ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll.

I have tested this now on Windows 2003/2008 both 32/64 bit systems.

Currently im running Windows 2008 64bit with PHP (v32bit), IIS7 running in 64bit mode.

Don't forget to use the NonTS and the same for PHP.

Hope this helps Wink
feha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: windows7 64 bit Reply with quote

Hi just to let you know
it works great on Windows7 64 bit

information:
add this line:

Code:
zend_extension = "C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\ext\ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll"

include " (quotes) ...
it does not work withtout quotes just as:

zend_extension = C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\ext\ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll
serpent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, don't make such statements 'it works'.

I just tried to set it on:
Win 2K8 64bit, PHP Version 5.2.5 (x64), using isapi and TS

It does not work, i've put all files and added lines to php.ini and it just doesn't work.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

serpent wrote:
Guys, don't make such statements 'it works'.

I just tried to set it on:
Win 2K8 64bit, PHP Version 5.2.5 (x64), using isapi and TS

It does not work, i've put all files and added lines to php.ini and it just doesn't work.

As the poster successfully had the software working, it is fair enough for them to say so, and they also helpfully documented what they had done which may be useful for other users. With the inherent complexity of web technology and a combination of many variables such that no two systems are likely ever to be precisely the same, there is always the possibility of a given procedure working for one person and not for another.

In your case you appear to be using a 64 bit build of PHP, and as mentioned clearly in this thread, there is no support any unofficial 64 bit Windows builds of PHP as we can only support PHP builds that are released by php.net. If/when the PHP Group release 64 bit builds of PHP for Windows, it is likely that we would follow with a 64 bit Loader for Windows some time later.
myrddinwylt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Raising this thread again Reply with quote

Still no x64 compiles for Windows --- it's been 3 years since this thread was started.

Please update.

Need both TS and non-TS versions to make everyone happy. Personally, I need specifically

ioncube_loader_win_5.3.dll --- in TS x64 architecture.

(I don't really care if it runs all 32bit code as it is just the decoder, however it does need to work with x64 PHP 5.3.x) <--- If that makes things easier on the compile team Smile

See --> http://www.anindya.com/php-5-3-2-x64-64-bit-windows-binary/

Thanks in advance.
alastair

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The basic problem is that there is no official 64-bit build of PHP on Windows as yet. Without that official build we cannot produce a 64-bit ionCube Loader.

You may say, "oh it's simple just grab the source and compile on a 64-bit machine". Unfortunately, it is not so simple and we know of at least one 64-bit Windows build that is wrongly doing 32-bit arithmetic, presumably because it is defaulting to the Windows 32-bit definition of a long.

ionCube
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: