ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> Suggestions and Feedback

direct link to loaders?

carsten888

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: direct link to loaders? Reply with quote

the first line(s) of the generated code points to the location of the loader.

Code:
if(!extension_loaded('ionCube Loader')){$__oc=strtolower(substr(php_uname(),0,3));
$__ln='/ioncube/ioncube_loader_'.$__oc.'_'.substr(phpversion(),0,3).(($__oc=='win')?'.dll':'.so');

I want to use ioncube for Joomla plugins. From what I read on forums, users find it hard to install and when they upgrade their php-version everthing stops working and they don't know what to do. so.... Instead of pointing to a folder on a site the code could just point to the loader online like:

Code:
if(!extension_loaded('ionCube Loader')){$__oc=strtolower(substr(php_uname(),0,3));
$__ln='http://www.ioncube.com/loaders/ioncube_loader_'.$__oc.'_'.substr(phpversion(),0,3).(($__oc=='win')?'.dll':'.so');

(I'm not sure how cross-domain-includes work, but I am sure the smart people at ioncube can sort that out. Smile )

BIG advantages:
- always the most recent loaders
- even when site gets moved to different server, everything keeps working
- even when there is an upgrade in php, everything keeps working
- happier clients Very Happy

how about that?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHP does support remote includes, but not for installing modules. The Loader module is installed via dl(), and dl() does not support remote access. Having to wait while a shared library of several hundred KB was downloaded from our servers to the target web server before each and every page access would simply never work. Of course one could consider caching schemes and a nice infrastructure for installation and upgrading of PHP modules on the fly from providers, but this simply doesn't exist in PHP and never will.
carsten888

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never say never. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> Suggestions and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: