ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Package Foundry

Can Package Foundry Handle Ioncube Licenses?

WS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Can Package Foundry Handle Ioncube Licenses? Reply with quote

Here's a scenario:

I sell a popular web application for Ebay. User purchases through amember store. Source is ioncubed. Currently there is a .zip file to download and user downloads license file via script that I use make_license with. From that point, I simply hope and pray they read the instructions carefully to upload the files.

I'm considering IPF. I really like that it can do a clean and easy install, as I have a number of customers who are challenged when it comes to using FTP, file permissions, etc which increases support time and decreases efficiency.

Is there a way for IPF to create the license file on the server as well? Each customer has a unique license. I've built my own license check application into my program. It basically queries the license file, gets the paypal transaction ID (I create licenses with this info), then queries a script on my server that checks the database to ensure the license for the paypal id is active.

What I'd like to do is, remove the need for the user to have to upload the license to their server, and have IPF handle it as well. Is this possible? Can I have IPF prompt the user for their paypal transaction id, then create a license file with that parameter stored and have it place the license file during install?
WS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disregard, I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but I figured out a way to deal with it. My Ioncube project options are setup such that a license file is required. I didn't want my users to install it, then see an error about the license file missing, only to have to manually update it.

What I've decided to do is create the release version with a simple license file that has the normal fields (blank), but where PayID is, put a word in it's place that signifies it's a fresh install. In my code, I willl check for this word and if it exists, then prompt the user to enter their real license file info. Then I simply save that over the existing license file.

Problem solved.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Package Foundry All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: