ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Package Foundry

phpsuexec

ckh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: phpsuexec Reply with quote

With phpsuexec you set permissions to 755 and not 777 as with the latter you'll get a 500 server error message blah blah blah.

I was wondering if IPF detects phpsuexec and will chmod files/directories accordingly (whether installed or not) when you need specific files/directories writeable??
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a good suggestion and I've added this as an important feature request. It would be ok for the installer to lower the permissions with SUExec as user rather than group or other privs will be in effect.
ckh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I'll buy it next week.

The sad thing is that I didn't originally read what IPF did very carefully and thought it did something completely different. So, thinking it wasn't something I'd use, I never bothered reading the page very carefully.

Then I saw video of a php script installation using a windows installer. I thought, gee, that's a neat thing, ftp's and everything. Then in the lower LH corner I saw the IPF text and thought, crap. Then I went back to the IPF page and read it carefully.

Just out of curiosity, is that a page that shows proposed addons/bugfixes etc for the next version?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's not a public page of features, but we use the Mantis system internally to log and track faults as well as suggested ot proposed features for our products.

Can you remember where you saw the video of an installation?
ckh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant to say is 'there' a page that you have on your site that shows proposed addons/bugfixes etc for the next version.

The installation video showed no such thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Package Foundry All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: