ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regarding Incremental encoder direction control

drwn_k

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Regarding Incremental encoder direction control Reply with quote

Hi !,
I have got a incremental encoder with, TTL pulses, open collector output form, 2000 PPR.
when i connected it to the software(Dasylab) with PCI card .And read the data in the form of pulses, i get only the clock wise movement data but not the anti clockwise movement data when the encoder is moving backwards.
I need assistance regarding this to place a logic or control that can read the value according to the encoder rotation in clock wise or anti clockwise rotation.

-Regards
Brejesh
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm unfamiliar with that particular device, but this might be a problem with the software that is interpreting the pulses. The same signals are usually generated with a rotary encoder whether the rotation is clockwise or anticlockwise, typically wth two Quadrature outputs and gray coding for the data. So for clockwise you would see the pattern 0:0, 0:1, 1:1, 1:0. Note that gray encoding differs from the normal binary sequence, and ensures that only 1 bit changes at a time.

Once you've verified that your encoder isn't faulty, I would recommend contacting forums relevant for the software that you're trying to use though. Whilst we are also skilled with the design and build of hardware and software for embedded systems, DMX and lighting software, RGB controllers, LED technology and so on, our ionCube site and software has nothing to do with rotary encoders and is encoding software for the protection of PHP based software.

Sorry that we can't help further, and good luck with finding a solution.
cjunge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick wrote:
Whilst we are also skilled with the design and build of hardware and software for embedded systems, DMX and lighting software, RGB controllers, LED technology and so on, our ionCube site and software has nothing to do with rotary encoders and is encoding software for the protection of PHP based software.

Sorry that we can't help further, and good luck with finding a solution.

I love how you guys will tackle something with a decent answer, even if it's completely unrelated to what you provide. Kudos!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: