ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Package Foundry

Readme file doesn't have line breaks

ddleigh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Readme file doesn't have line breaks Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a readme file that looks fine in wordpad outside the installer, but when I view it in wordpad from the last page of the installer, all the line breaks seem to have been deleted.

Could anyone explain what I should do to stop the line breaks from being deleted?

Debbie
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's interesting. Was the readme produced on Unix? If so then it could be that the line breaks are in Unix format with just line feeds rather than CR/LF format that Windows uses. Wordpad is tolerant of this, but notepad isn't for example, and when it's displayed then the viewer is not treating LF as a line break because it expects CR/LF. If your readme file has no line breaks when you view it with notepad then that's definitely the reason and it would be best to prepare the documents with CR/LF format as they're going to be viewed on Windows. I'll add this to Mantis (our issue tracker) because we may be able to add some auto conversion of documents.
ddleigh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nick,

It views fine in notepad and wordpad. I said wordpad before, because that's my default text file viewer, which is why the installer opens the readme using wordpad. The file was created in Windows.

Debbie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Package Foundry All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: