ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Package Foundry

installer question

Jody

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: installer question Reply with quote

The sales page material gives the impression that you can do anything you really need to with the installer. But now that I've downloaded the program, I'm not seeing how to have it create a database for the php script it's installing. Is this not something it can do? If so, can anyone point me in the right direction? If not, seems like a pretty basic need. Thanks!

Jody
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand your thought process, however a created installer cannot create a database as in general it would be impossible to do so because the installer runs remotely, and database servers are usually configured only to accept connections from localhost. The correct place to create the database is therefore from the PHP application itself, which importantly also ensures that any users installing directly and not using an installer can also have a database created, and a re-initialisation of the application post install would also be possible without having to actually run the installer again.

After install, what would typically happen is that IPF would launch a post install script within the web application, the web application would test to see whether the database was created and configured, and if not, it would guide the user through the database setup steps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Package Foundry All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: