ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Performance difference Javascript inside PHP or external

davorin

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:26 pm    Post subject: Performance difference Javascript inside PHP or external Reply with quote

Hello

Is there a big difference when Javascript is embedded into PHP and then encoded? Or is it faster to have all Javascript code being included externally which is then plaintext?

I just like the fact that external opensource libraries are kept readable but own written Javascript code is encoded inside the PHPs (o;
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming that you would be inlining the JS in both cases, and there'll be no noticeable difference and probably barely a measurable difference if any at all. If your pages link to external js files then there'll be an extra web request, but that should be minor if already open connections are used, and there's a potential advantage that the JS would be cached and not sent on each web request beyond the first one. This is going to be good if your JS is approaching 100K or more in size, as you wouldn't want to be sending that on each request even if compressed.
kblessing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

izang wrote:
Both JavaScript and PHP are popular tools for the Web developer, but putting them together may be less straightforward than you might think. Back in college my professor advise us to find time to code JavaScript just to exercise our programming skills so it will become easy for us to understand the syntax.

I don't see what that has to do with the OP's question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> Programming All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: