ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> Suggestions and Feedback

Ioncube loader packages for Linux distros

Max

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Ioncube loader packages for Linux distros Reply with quote

I was wondering if any effort is being done to get the Ioncube loader included as an package in the major Linux distros.

In PHP 5.3 the dl() function is no longer available for certain SAPI's, and the function will likely go away completely in the next major PHP version. So having Ioncube working out of the box is no longer going to be possible.

Would be nice to have installable packages that folks could install using the distro's native packaging tool (apt-get, yum, etc.), instead of having to explain to customers how to edit php.ini manually.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that there are some packages being made, but it's not something that we're actively involved in currently. You're welcome to get in touch with providers and forward it as a suggestion though, and it's particularly useful if end users contact the providers as it shows a demand.
Max

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple weeks ago, I did an attempt at creating an Ubuntu package myself, but it needs the approval of two Ubuntu developers to get included.

People can vote ("affects me to") on the bug here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/524045

Not sure what the requirements to get new packages included are with other Linux distributions,
But I think chances of getting packages included, might be higher if Ioncube created official vendor supported packages.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> Suggestions and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: