ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> Suggestions and Feedback

Almoust IonCube customer

c0mrade

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Almoust IonCube customer Reply with quote

Hi all,

Background :
I've been checking out different php encoders for a while now .. because I'm still developing my application I haven't decided yet which one to buy .. but the "D day" is getting very very near and I need to decide ASAP. I've narrowed my choice to ioncube and zend . So far as things go I'm almost about to buy ioncube because it offers same encoding as zend but pricing is much much better. I'm making very small and yet useful accounting software for keeping track of statistics and so on ..
Problem:
If I sell product myself, I can easily encode install or whatever and problem is solved. But I want also to be able to sell my software/application trough other people. Meaning that I'd give them encoded application and they would sell it and give me some percentage of sale etc. Now I've been thinking that MAC address can be good protection against piracy but on the other hand MAC address can be easily changed so when "reseller" sells one application he can sell hundreds/thousands without me knowing about.
Question:
Does Ioncube offers some kind of protection of that kind .. for resellers that can be controlled by original software owners ..

Thank you for your time reading this post(and answering it soon I hope Smile
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could allow other people to sell your software, but you keep control of the licensing. As long as your web server has permission to execute programs, because the license generator is a native program, you could automate license generation on your website. For the end user it makes little difference who they go to for a license, and by yourself issuing the licenses you know what's been issued and to whom.

You'd also want a way to know that a license request was genuine, so you might ask resellers to pass back to you the details of each customer who purchases, which could just be an order number, and the end user specifies that when they request the license. Then you can track the resellers and only issue license files for sales that have happened.

We don't have scripts to do this as it's not something specific to ionCube and more of a generic reseller management type of thing, but it should be quite easy for you to come up with something that works well for you and your resellers.
PHPLicengine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

However this thread is old but I post this here just if it might be useful for other readers:

With PHPLicengine, you can create a user group like "reseller" and assign some users to this group and assign a discount coupon to this user group, then your resellers can order and buy licenses from you cheaper than your original price you are offering to non-resellers. PHPLicengine has the feature to auto-generate ionCube license.
http://www.phplicengine.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> Suggestions and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: