ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Usual response time of ionCube ltd

ioncube-testit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:00 pm    Post subject: Usual response time of ionCube ltd Reply with quote

Hi,

I sent an email to sales@ioncube.com on 27th of january 2009.

I wonder how long the response time for questions like the following is?

Best regards
ioncube-testit

------------------------------------------------
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

is it possible to integrate IOCCube with apache web server in a manner that IONCube only handles encoded PHP scripts under a certain domain (i.e. /www/htdocs/domain_with_ioncube) whereas all other domainīs php scripts are not affected by IONCube?

Can I set up this in apache.conf?

I ask because I am running eAccelerator and would disable eAccelerator for the domain IONCube is running under.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Communication is prioritised, but usually within 24 hours, and unlike many companies we often reply on the weekend too, like this morning for example Smile

If you don't get a reply within 2 to 3 days tops for an email then it's possible that the email failed to arrive, was caught in spam, or our reply might have failed to arrive at your end or landed in spam there. Some time ago we passed the landmark of receiving over 10,000 spams in one day, yes, that's ten thousand spams in just one day, and while our in-house spam filtering is astonishingly good and usually catches all of them, inevitably the occasional good email may get caught too. We also have false positive scanning to try and find those, but finding good emails from bad can never be perfect.

You can also usually contact us directly here in the UK by telephone either with our UK or US number from 9:30 to 18:00 GMT+0 (GMT+1 in the summer) on weekdays, and we have a ticket system at support.ioncube.com as a superior and usually more reliable alternative to email.

Looking at your question, the first thing to note is that the ionCube Loader is nothing to do with apache, so I doubt that any apache configuration is going to do what you want, at least not directly. The Loader can be installed in a php.ini file with zend_extension, or in some cases on demand from the PHP scripts using dl(). Depending on how the web server is setup, this gives you several options. As an example, if you are using PHP as a CGI, custom php.ini files would generally be supported. So you could have your main php.ini file that didn't install the Loader, and for domains that need it, a custom php.ini file in the user's area that installed the Loader. Alternatively, if you're using PHP before PHP 5.2.5 and have dl() enabled, a runtime install method can be used where the Loader is installed on demand by the encoded scripts themselves. You actually don't need to disable EA, and that should work as you want. This method is more restricted, although better in some respects, with PHP 5.2.5 onwards; if you have encoded files in a certain way with an addon feature that we provide for free, the Loader can be installed on demand from the extensions directory, so again you can leave EA installed and just have the Loader installed on demand.

Having an installation where EA and the Loader are never installed at the same time may only be possible with a custom php.ini approach and CGI, but I don't think that it's necessary. Lastly, you can actually install EA and the Loader together without ill effects, so what you want to do may not actually be necessary anyway.
ioncube-testit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all thanks a lot for your reply!

I read this thread
http://forum.ioncube.com/viewtopic.php?t=344&
and that is why I thought one needs a patched version of EA!??

Best regards
ioncube-testit
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that there was a point after which EA could be installed with the Loader. I'd suggest just getting the latest version of EA and seeing what happens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: