ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Package Foundry

No longer working after Virtual PC upgrade

Philipp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: No longer working after Virtual PC upgrade Reply with quote

I just upgrade my development machine from Mac OS 10.4 => 10.5 and Package Foundry (which was running under Windows XP in Virtual PC) can no longer build packages.

Here is a screenshot from the problem:

This happend while trying to build a package. Any idea what this caused?
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evidently the upgrade, but no idea specifically. We don't support using our products via an emulator, but that said, generally our apps work fine with some emulators (e.g. parallels). I'm not sure about the emulator that you're using though. Perhaps there's an updated version of the emulator that you're using.
Philipp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nick. I found in the meantime the issue behind this. It seems no longer possible to use one of the existing Macintosh partitions as source for the files. It looks likes that the Virtual PC disk driver is not fully compatible with 10.5 and hangs up after it tries to read multiple smaller files.

I workaround that problem by dragging the folder with the files to the Windows desktop and then using c:\ as source drive. This is a little more complicated but at least working.

There are no new updates for Virtual PC available so I guess I have now another good reason to switch to an Intel based Mac next year Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Package Foundry All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: