ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Package Foundry

Unable To Connect To Host error

samstephens

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:55 pm    Post subject: Unable To Connect To Host error Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a number of customers that recieve the error "Unable To Connect To Host" when installing using IPF.

It seems to happen (or at least more often) with people who's FTP login home is where they want to upload (ie. there's no public_html folder, the one they login to is the live web space). With these, the box "Create Install Folder In" is blank, and then when they go to the new page and enter their domain name the error is shown.

I've been installing these people manually for now, but is there a way around this?

Or is is something else that is causing this problem, and not the ftp home folder path that is the issue?

Thanks,
Sam
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam

We've not had that be reported before as an issue, and failing to connect is usually the result of firewall issues or invalid credentials, but your observation about where users install to may be related. Please create a helpdesk ticket about this so that we can arrange to see this for ourselves on one of the servers, and if there is an issue then this should get fixed easily.
samstephens

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't seem to be a firewall issue because the "Browse" button works fine. I've tried running it from my computer too, and it doesn't work with his server for some reason. I've installed a bunch of these before with no problems.

I've sent the support ticket as you asked: thanks for looking into it for me!

cheers
Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Package Foundry All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: