ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> Suggestions and Feedback

License file generation for 6.5 GUI encoder

spt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: License file generation for 6.5 GUI encoder Reply with quote

after installation onto a remote server from package foundary the final script is invoked and I create some files one of which is a gzip version of the license data block required to create a license. If successful, then that script deletes itself.

one of these files changed is the subfolder .htaccess where I add the line: AddType application/octet-stream gz causing automatic download of that gz file

the license request is then automatically downloaded when the user clicks on the link as a gz. It is then emailed as an attachment

if the gz file could then be dragged into the GUI license creation my end, as an option, it would streamline the process

at present it is necessary to right click and save link for the created text file, which is the license request

just a suggestion
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can already use drag drop of server data files onto the GUI to do this, however it's true that compressed files aren't supported and I'll add that suggestion. As the server data returned from ioncube_server_data() is ASCII and tiny, they don't really need to be compressed though and automatic download could be forced for the uncompressed text form.

Another idea for you to streamline things further and remove yourself from the licensing process is to handle licensing automatically. One way would be for the customer to paste the license server data into a web form and have that respond with their license file. If using emails, an autoresponder could extract the server data from the email and respond with the license file by email.

You can pass the server data file directly to the make_license program to generate a license, but you might not want to do that as this may not produce the ideal license file for servers with canonicalnames turned off, i.e. where www.dom.com and dom.com are reported as different domains instead of one canonical name. Instead, I'd suggest using make_license to first decode the server data, then parse that to extract the domain name. Strip off any www prefix, and then license to the www and non-www form as two license restrictions. Whatever you do, automatic processing of licenses is possible and perhaps the ideal milestone to reach.

In the mean time though, try a download of the license request data uncompressed.
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve

This has been implemented now for the next minor revision. On the current schedule we expect to be releasing an update in the next few days to the PHP 5 Encoder with some enhancements to the PHP 5 support, and this new GUI feature will be available then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> Suggestions and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: