ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Conflict with Wincache

alexandros_k

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Conflict with Wincache Reply with quote

Hello,

For years now we have been running a setup on IIS7 with ioncube (required by a joomla extension) and win cache .

This has not been stable; at least once per day IIS hangs, win cache shows a crash in the event log and the only way to bring the website back is to do IISRESET.

I opened thread about it on the IIS forums and got a reply from a someone from Microsoft who works on the IIS team and basically concluded that ioncube and win cache cannot be run together; they both do opcode and file system caching which creates conflicts.

I wonder if you aware of the issue and if there is a ioncube version that will work with Winche ?

Thank you
Alex
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Conflict with Wincache Reply with quote

alexandros_k wrote:
Hello,
I opened thread about it on the IIS forums and got a reply from a someone from Microsoft who works on the IIS team and basically concluded that ioncube and win cache cannot be run together; they both do opcode and file system caching which creates conflicts.

I wonder if you aware of the issue and if there is a ioncube version that will work with Winche ?

I don't believe that there have been any reports of issues, and note that the components are not doing the same thing as the Loader is not a cache. It could be that the Loader is exposing issues in other components that are otherwise not showing up, and similarly there could be an issue in the Loader that is not normally showing up, though historically it tends to be the former.

Unless your application is inextricably tied to Microsoft technology, I'd be tempted to try it on a Linux or FreeBSD setup instead to see if it fairs any better. The PHP OpCache performs well and is compatible with the Loader, and you may reap various benefits from making such a switch along with the likely greater stability.
alexandros_k

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Conflict with Wincache Reply with quote

Hello liaison,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, we are tied to using Windows servers.

There's definitely an issue here (win cache crashing) but i cannot say for sure that is indeed related to ioncube.

At this time I have disabled opcode-file system caching on Wincache on our setup and see this goes. If I find the the issue is indeed related to the ioncube loader i will post.

Btw, on our website the extension that uses ioncube does both opcode and file caching (jReviews).

Thanks
Alex
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexandros_k wrote:
Btw, on our website the extension that uses ioncube does both opcode and file caching

There may be some confusion as our extension does no opcode caching and it's impossible for a PHP script to do so, but don't worry about that. Feel free to create a ticket in the helpdesk if you need further info at any point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube Loader All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: