ionCube Logo
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Licensing is the pits...

KevinK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:08 am    Post subject: Licensing is the pits... Reply with quote

If there was any one thing that I would have to say bad about IonCube Cerberus is your way of trying to manage licenses.

Things are working just great and out of the blue here comes another "I have a license update for your machine... yada-yada". Most of the time I ignore these types of messages!

Why? Because nothing is gained on my end. I always seem to have to generate a "revoke_file" revoke file before I can generate a "licreq.txt" request file. And if I forget, I'm hosed and have to go through support.

Just recently I had memory issues so I'm down from 8GB to 4GB (2 bad cards) and I put in an SSD Drive. Things were working fine prior to this and I have the IonCube Cerberus files copied to a backup -- even did an uninstall (twice!).

All I get back is this message and then NOTHING HAPPENS?!!

"Hi,

We have received your license revoke request and we will review this
as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
ionCube Licensing".

I just don't get it -- why is licensing so hard and sometimes impossible?

Nick, you really should get this fixed! --Kevin
KevinK

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:27 am    Post subject: No internet connection.. Reply with quote

Nick,

I also read somewhere on this forum where I don't even need to be connected to the internet to bytecode compress files with IonCube, but there might be side-affects or certain limitations introduced by doing so... I don't understand.

When IonCube works, it works great. When I'm having licensing issues you don't get back to me at all and I'm hosed. I'm not going to say it isn't a great product -- it is!

There was one time I had a BlueHost account and the would-be thief had the last-4 of my credit card because I was doing business with the guy.

He broke into my BlueHost (knowing the last-4 of my credit card) and it was only because I was using IonCube that he didn't scoot off with my code... I know this for a fact.

Later he had the nerve to go to a friend's daughter and have her try to put together my system -- and she had the nerve to call me and ask how I integrated Paypal, AWeber, and 1ShoppingCart, all because she couldn't see the PHP code.

Honestly, I hardly use IonCube for anything; but when I do, I need it to work and be available without fail.

Thanks,
--Kevin
liaison
ionCube Support

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Licensing is the pits... Reply with quote

KevinK wrote:
Nick, you really should get this fixed! --Kevin

Great to hear that our product saved you from a thief! Licensing has changed a lot since the 2008 version of the software that you have, with more recent editions being able to acquire and refresh licenses over the internet. Provided that the MAC address doesn't change, updating a license with your version should work fine, but if you get stuck just let support know and they'll be able to help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ionCube Forum Index -> ionCube PHP Encoder All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: